Join us on May Day as we tell Brian Pallister to invest in our communities!
By cutting jobs and social services that people desperately rely on, the Pallister government is hurting Manitoba. These cuts will hurt vulnerable Manitobans the most, and are out of step with what economists, academics, other governments and community agencies recommend to maintain a stable economy and position Manitoba properly for the post-pandemic future.
We are protesting these cuts. We support community, not cuts.
Here's how you can particpate:
STEP 1: Make a Sign
Tell Brian Pallister why we need investment in communities, not cuts!
- Brian needs to hear from: Teachers, parents, ECEs, kids, non-profit organizations, essential workers on the front lines, workers who have lost income because of the pandemic and more!
- We will have stakes to put your sign in the ground, but ideally make something sturdy with stakes built in
- Want to join others in getting creative? Join the online art build Wednesday April 29th from 5:30-7:00!
Step 2: Fill Out this Delivery Form to make arrangements for your sign to get to the Legislative Building
- Multiple locations are available for sign drop-offs around the city or volunteers can come pick-up your sign on Thursday night
- OR/AND take a picture of your sign at home with you and your family and share it on social media! Use the hashtags #BadNewsBrian and #CommunitiesNotCuts
STEP 3: Join the Rally at Noon to Make some noise (and take some photos)
Arrive by car or bike at 12:00pm at The Leg on Friday, May 1
- PRACTICE PHYSICAL DISTANCING
- BE AN ALERT DRIVER
- HONK YOUR HORN
Practice responsible physical distancing while protesting:
- If you’re driving, keep everybody safe - take it slow, honk your horn, watch out for folks on foot and bike.
- If you’re on a bike, ring your bell, wear a mask and stay AT LEAST 2m apart. Watch out for cars and pedestrians.
- If you’re not in a vehicle, wear a mask and observe distancing rules.
STEP 4: Share your Story
Take a photo of your sign with you and your family and put it on social media
- Share how the pandemic has affected you, your family and your community
- Share how Pallister's cuts will affect you, your family and your community
- Share using the Hashtags #communitiesnotcuts #justfuturemb #noausteritymb
Share by sending us your story:
- Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/communitiesnotcuts/
- Twitter: https://twitter.com/CNC_Manitoba
STEP 5: Sign up to be part of CNC and help build stronger communities
- If you want to help continue the fight against Pallister's damaging cuts, join our community by signing up for our mailing list and/or to become a volunteer!
University of Winnipeg Faculty Associaiton
University of Manitoba Faculty Association
Canadian Federation of Students Manitoba
Manitoba Energy Justice Coalition
Winnipeg Labour Council
Manitoba Organisation of Faculty Associations
Winnipeg, MB R3C 1S4
Google map and directions